CATCH A WAKE UP WITH IMMUNE BOOSTING GINGER SHOTS
- 600g fresh ginger
- 400g fresh lemon or 4 lemons (if they are organic, don’t peel them)
- 200ml purified water (you can use more and this is optional)
- 4 heaped tsp powder turmeric or 24g fresh turmic
- x4 grinds of black pepper
Juice everything together. If you have fresh turmeric, put this first in order to maximize extraction. Pour into a 1lt bottle and seal. Store in fridge.
To make these winter winners, you will need a juicer, not a blender. I make 1lt at a time as it keeps in the fridge for at least 3 weeks. If you manage to get into a consistent and regular routine, you will drink it all within 10 days.
You should get between 20-25 shots per 1lt
The Benefits of a daily dose of this immune boosting shot has been amazing with feedback from family and friends. It is becoming increasingly noted that low level inflammation plays a key role in almost every chronic, Western disease.
- Good treatment for upset tummy and nausea
- Helps promotes regular digestion and metabolism of your food which will in turn support promoting a strong immune system
- Great immune booster by keeping the lymphatic channels open and clear, ginger prevents the accumulation of toxins that make you susceptible to infections, especially in the respiratory system
- Strong anti bacterial function
- Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric
- Curcumin contains powerful antioxidant that neutralize free radicals
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Curcumin is only about 3% of the weight of the turmeric so you do need large amounts to make a difference. This is invitation to introduce this extraordinary spice into your cooking
- Studies have shown curcumin to reduce the growth of cancerous cells in laboratory tests and in large amounts, leads to changes on the molecular level.
- Powerful natural medicine for arthritis
- Known to help alleviate depression
- used to facilitate the absorption of curcumin
- Vitamin C is the antioxidant found in lemons which can boost your immune system, and when consumed regularly will help prevent, or speed up your recovery from a cold
- Vitamin C neutralizes free radicals which are the inflammatory substances in the body that can damage cells
- Citric acid has a low pH level which discourages harmful bacteria by breaking down their cell walls
- Lemon juice is a great oral and palate cleanser
- Alkalizes the body
- Natural detoxifier as it dissolves toxins in the liver
- Lemon juice stimulates the liver to produce bile, thus by helping break everything down will keep you regular
- Lemons are a good source of various B vitamins that the body does not produce on its own (pantothenic acid, pyridoxine and folates)