SHARING MY FAVOURITE CHOCOLATE RECIPE
My humanWaking has been a journey into play and the kitchen is a brilliant playground for exploring a touch of alchemy.
Treasured and eaten ceremonially over 5000 years ago by ancient civilizations. Cacao “the food of the gods” is a hugely beneficial superfood. It has a rich supply of antioxidants called flavanols, a high source of magnesium and many essential minerals.
There is chocolate and then there is CHOCOLATE. This recipe is for the good, real stuff, which can be considered real food, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
A Delicious Raw Chocolate Treat
- 280 g Cashew Nuts (Finely Ground)
- 150 g Raw Cacao Paste
- 100 g Cocoa Butter
- 80 ml Maple Syrup (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 3 pinches Himalayan Salt
- Blend the cashew nuts with the vanilla in a high-speed blender until very fine. You can play with the texture by either blending using a tamper to make smooth nut butter or less so to add extra texture to your chocolates
- Boil water in a pot. Once boiled, switch off heat and place the cacao butter and cacao paste together in a bain-marie or boil that sits over the heat but not touching the boiling water. The key is to ensure you maintain a temperature below 51 degrees to hold nutrients of cacao in tact
- Add maple syrup (increase sweetness by taste)
- Add salt and stir
- Add the cashew nut butter and vanilla powder to the melted mixture
- Stir well and then pour into moulds
- If you wish to add additional ingredients mix these in before placing into moulds
For white chocolate remove cocoa paste
For variety: Add peppermint oil, maca, foti, Lucuma, Cocoa nibs, lemon rind, orange rind, goji berries and/or nuts into your chocolate mixture